This Man (This Man, #1)

This Man (This Man, #1) - Jodi Ellen Malpas I can't quite figure out how to rate this book. I don't give 5 stars easily, but this book drove me absolutely crazy, so I'm giving the full five stars. (Maybe I'm a little bit like Ava in my confusion about what to do?) Although at times I wanted to strangle Ava, I loved the dichotomy between what her mind told her and what her body and heart wanted. The struggle between the two led to some incredibly hot moments.

I'm not sure what to say about Jesse...He was the total alpha male. I loved how out-of-control he was over Ava. The book left so many unanswered questions about him and I'm looking forward to getting answers in the next book.

Finally, I LOVED the "Britishness" (is that a word?) of this book. (I felt the same was about the "Heller" series.) If you read a lot of this genre, sometimes the dialogue can become repetitive. I didn't feel this way as I was reading. (Thank you, Ms. Malpas, for not using some form of, "I didn't know where I ended and he began." That one drives me bonkers because it's used so much!)