Safeword Quinacridone (Safeword #6)

Safeword Quinacridone (Safeword #6) - Candace Blevins Holy Hell!!! This book was like FSOG or Masters of the Shadowlands on massive doses of steroids. However, the only reason I would group this book with those is the BDSM link beacause that is where the similarities stop. I've spent the better part of two days thinking about this book and what to write in the review. I am someone who loves to have my reading boundaries pushed. I want to feel a bit uncomfortable. I want to have my eyes popping out of my head and my heart pounding. By the time I finished this book I was WIPED OUT! This book didn't just push my boundaries, it beat them, broke them, and walked all over them. There were scenes that were I had trouble getting past and scenes that were wickedly hot. Where the characters in books like FSOG come out "fixed", this book takes a different direction with Travis and Cara. In doing so, I believe Ms. Blevins stayed true to the character and their personalities/experiences/needs. The other thing that I appreciated about Ms. Blevins writing style is that for each scene that made me uncomfortable, she took the time to develop and explain the reason for the behavior. So although the discomfort was still there, I could appreciate what was happening and why.