There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)

There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1) - Claire Contreras So, here's the deal, I love cliffhangers. I know, I know...I'm probably in the minority, but cliffhangers equal angst. They give you that heart stopping sensation. They make you talk to the characters in the book (like an idiot) and they make your mind race through all the possible outcomes. This book did all of those things and more. (I'm also a lover of trilogies (gasp!), but I'll save that for another discussion.)

I loved this book. The relationship between Aubry, Cole, and Blake was beautiful. The love they shared for each other and the role they relentlessly played in each others' lives was so well written and well developed. It was both tangible and believable. The switch between the past and the present didn't bug me (as it does at times), but really did a great job of making you understand the depth of Cole and Blake's love for one another.

"I'm in love with you Blake. I've been in love with you from the moment I saw you. I've been in love with you from the day I was born and possibly even before then. I belong to you. My body belongs to you. My heart belongs to you."

I didn't always understand what was going on with the mob stuff or the why's of the kidnapping, but it did serve to add an element of suspense to the book. There were also some smaller aspects of the book that I had questions about, like about how Cole landed his job on ESPN straight out of college, but like I said, they were small and held no bearing to the plot really. It's just the way my crazy brain works. Overall a great read. 4.25 stars. :)