No Turning Back - Tiffany A. Snow OK, so I decided to tip-toe outside of my preferred genres and try romantic suspense. (My main leanings are towards erotic, new adult, and m/m.) So many of my friends love this series, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was really well written and edited. The plot was engaging. It had several twists and turns and the characters were relatively well developed. I can completely see where the high ratings are coming from. I want to like it, I really do.

I'm always hesitant to rate books that are outside of my personal genre preference. Rating is so much about taste and is tricky within your own genre at times. Although I can see the appeal of this series, I think I'm more about books that focus on the relationship (and relationship drama) rather than a true romantic suspense when the relationship is not the main focus. This just didn't light me up. If I removed my own personal preference from the equation and rated the book on it's merits alone, I'd probably give it 4 stars. But when I factor in my own personal feelings (as a rating should), it would be less...so no official rating from me.